Would you like to live in a place where the weather is always warm and sunny, picturesque farmlands and horse pastures are just a short drive out of the city, and the streets are bustling with life day and night? Then the best thing for you might be to relocate to Orlando, Florida! Here are some great reasons why you’ll love living in this culturally diverse and dynamic city:
It is the Theme Park Capital of the World and more
Besides Disney World being there, Orlando is home to the Universal Orlando Resort (which consists of Universal Studios Florida and the Island of Adventure), City Walk, Gatorland, SeaWorld, and Wet ‘N Wild Water Park. With so many of the world’s biggest theme parks, the fun never ends in Orlando.Theme park is not your scene? Orlando’s got plenty more to offer:
- Ocala National Forest – This is one of the state’s most natural and beautiful settings. You can even stop to swim in Juniper Springs where the water is always a welcoming temperature of 72 degrees. Biking, fishing, canoeing, horseback riding, swimming and bird watching are popular activities here as well.
- Orlando Science Center – Here is a place that offers educational fun. There are a ton of interactive and rotating exhibits here, such as The Hobbit 3D, Meerkats 3D and a Science Park. Since there is always something new here, this is a great place to get a membership for the whole family to visit whenever you have time.
- Gatorland – This place gives you the chance to get up-close-and-personal with alligators and panthers. This is also where you can satisfy your need for an adrenaline rush by zip-lining over the animals!
- Visit a Citrus Grove – Everyone knows that Orlando offers the best citrus fruit around. Why buy from the grocery store when you can stroll through groves and pick your own? Showcase of Citrus is a top recommended place where you will also see plenty of wildlife, including alligators, macaws, cranes and more.
- Kennedy Space Center – If you don’t mind venturing just outside of Orlando, you can experience what it feels like to be an astronaut here. Reservations are strongly encouraged, as this place is quite busy all of the time.
The theme parks attract millions of people from all over the world and, directly and indirectly, provide employment to thousands of people. But it’s not just the theme parks where you can find work. There are also a lot of jobs in tourism, construction, international banking, healthcare, aerospace and defense, and biomedical and life sciences. The city is also home to the University of Central Florida, the second-largest campus in the U.S.
Are you an avid golfer? If you happen to be one, then Florida is where you should be living because the Sunshine State has the highest number of golf courses in the country. Central Florida, where Orlando is located, has many golf courses. There may be one right next to your new home.
If you are a single male or female looking for love, then Orlando is where you are most likely to find your soulmate. The city was recently named by Forbes as one of the best cities for singles in the U.S – not surprisingly because it is one of the major tourist destinations in the region.
Real Estate Market
Orlando and the rest of Florida have always had higher house prices. But here is an exciting piece of news for those planning to move to the city. Since the recent financial crisis brought by the housing bubble, there are a large number of newly constructed homes that are available at highly affordable rates. But hurry, because home prices will not remain this low for long in this rapidly growing city.
Have we convinced you to relocate to Orlando? Then take the next step by comparing interstate moving services that specialize in the services you need.