Check out your new neighborhood by having a picnic in the park. Need a suggestion on a healthy dish to pack? We love Pan-Seared Brussel Sprouts with Cranberries & Pecans from blogger, Rachel Schultz.
Pan-Seared Brussel Sprouts with Cranberries & Pecans
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, de-stemmed and halved
- 2/3 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/3 cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 2 cups barley, cooked
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Heat skillet with drizzling of olive oil over medium heat. Season brussels sprouts with salt & pepper and combine with cranberries in skillet.
- Cook sprouts and cranberries for 8-10 minutes, until berries begin to burst and sprouts become tender. Add balsamic vinegar and maple syrup. Stir to coat and remove from heat.
- Toss barley, sprouts, cranberries, and pecans in a large bowl. Top with gorgonzola and serve.
Celebrate the first day of summer with this great recipe from blogger Feed Me Phoebe. Classic Blondies are the perfect treat to share with the whole block!
Makes 24 blondes
- 1 package light brown sugar (2 1/2 cups)
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan. Use a smaller baking pan for thicker blondies—just bake a bit longer.
- Combine the brown sugar and butter in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until the butter is melted and combined and the whole mixture just begins to bubble. Remove and let come to room temperature. This will take about 20 minutes; speed it up in the fridge if need be.
- When the butter and sugar have cooled, beat in the eggs and vanilla. Add the flour and salt, then gently stir in the chocolate chips. Pour into the prepared pan and bake 25-30 minutes, until the top has gotten slightly puffed and crusty. Cool, and cut into small rectangles.
See this, and other recipes at RachelSchultz.com.